Saturday, July 15, 2006

NCIS (contains spoilers)

I just watched an episode from the first season that made me admire the writers. There is a secondary character, Gerald, who is in a few episodes very briefly. He was given a dry sense of humour, played very wryly by Pancho Demmings , the character was a natural, though overlooked, part of the cast... until episode 16, when a terrorist breaks into NCIS in a body bag and begins threatening his life if Duckey, the lead medical examiner, lied. Right before the first break, it looks as if the guy was going to shoot Gerald and suddenly, it was as if I were fearing for the life of someone I knew very well. When he did get shot, I started crying. My husband wondered what was wrong and despite how silly it was to cry about a fictional character, I still shed tears.

Bravo Donald Bellasario and writing staff.

No comments: