Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Those Bruno Boys (spoilers)

I was shocked by the death of Sheriff Walt Bannerman. I sat their the entire time wondering if the death would be some prolonged vision where Johnny is sort of trapped in his vision and for once follows the vision all the way through while touching Walt.

But three episodes into the season and if that is truly the case, they are making it look too good.

Walt is dead. But Walt, played by Chris Bruno, is not the first Bruno brother to lose his spot on a show.

Dylan Bruno, Chris's brother who would occasionally have me calling him Walt, from Numbers, was exposed as a double agent. NO! Not Colby!

Why, oh television gods, do you want the Bruno boys off the air. Colby, I thought you were good. I trusted you. So did your partners. Now, I'm not sure Don will ever trust anyone again.

But the Bruno boys did add an element of determination, skepticism, and good old fashioned common sense that many characters are lacking. I liked how Walt learned to trust Johnny, but at the same time always questioned him. He just didn't even give up on the things that made sense to him. I was sad to see him go. I liked how Colby was always just on the cusp of giving himself away. The writers were good because I still feel the sting of betrayal.

Yes, we will miss you Bruno boys.

No comments: