Thursday, June 15, 2006

Inspiration

TV shows inspire me as a writer. Firefly is the show that told the best stories I've ever seen. Well written characters with reactions that come naturally out of the situations and I loved the Futuristic Western language, a lingo all its own. When I started doing my own reading about Japanese culture, I realized how indepth the American-Asian mixture was and it made me appreciate the show even more.

Bones is another show that inspires me. It's relatively new, but the Temperance Brennan character is such a uniquely naive character. It's interesting seeing her develop, it's interesting seeing Sealy Booth's overprotective streak, it's great watching the secondary characters who are in no way secondary, with just as much development as the main characters. I love the Angela character, so worldly, yet optimistic.

The Dead Zone - Book, movie, and television show - I've loved every incarnation of this story. I saw the movie first, then read the book, and was really excited to see Anthony Michael Hall as Johnny, though I am not excited about his end. I think that while Christopher Walken made the story a creepy coming of age tale, Anthony Michael Hall make it engaging, having you understand all of the conflict that would come from having this eerie talent. Too bad it's a brain tumor.

No comments: