Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Twilight Zone

Why does that music still strike fear into my heart? How can it still be the scariest show on television? In all its black and white glory, its talk of communists or body doubles, it is a show that still makes me pause before watching it. More than any scary movie, more than any book, this show has the ability to do something nothing else can do. Give me nightmares.

I don't really have nightmares caused by an outside source. I remember once dreaming about a gigantic spider on Gilligan's Island (and I hate spiders), but that's all I can remember in all my 30 years of dreams. I've had my share of nightmares, just not television or movie inspired.

Don't get me wrong. There are alot of cheesy, campy, funny elements to the show to, but when it's scary, it gets me.

No comments: